Friday, March 20, 2009

"Welcome to the world of high risk!"

These are the nice encouraging words from my high risk doctor.

Wednesday was a little overwhelming but I think we are starting to settle down a little. It is still really scary that I'm only 22 weeks, way to early for preterm labor! Right now we are praying that we make it to 28 weeks. At 28 weeks there is a 96% chance of survival and it is very likely that they will be healthy without long term problems. Once we get to 28 weeks we will start to pray that we make it longer but right now it is just one step at a time. We saw my OB yesterday but she was not real reassuring. She is hoping that gravity is our main problem and thinks only time will tell. Right now I am not dilated but I am effaced(not sure how much). I was given a progesterone shot yesterday which is supposed to help with miscarriages and I will receive at least one shot of that each week. I will see my OB again next week and the following week I will see my high risk doctors again.

Some of you are probably worried about Steven too! He is really nervous and scared but is calming down knowing that we are doing everything we can. He is doing a great job of making sure I'm staying horizontal and have everything I need. Please keep us all in your prayers and we will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey girl i just wanted ya'll to know that i am praying for ya'll...i'm sure those little boogers will be great!!! just keep being such a great mom!! and steven i'm praying for you too!!