Saturday, January 24, 2009

Friday's doctors appointment

We went for our weekly check up with my OB Friday. Everything was good, the babies are moving and have good heartbeats. She was still not able to see the hematoma. She had the report from the high risk which said where it was located but she just couldn't find it. I know without a doubt that it is still there so it just confirmed to me that with her technology she was not able to see it. She assured us that the hematoma would cause little risk to me or the babies which is very comforting. We do not have another appointment for two weeks, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have an emergency that causes us to go in. It never fails when I don't have an appointment scheduled something goes wrong that they want me to come in for.

We still do not know the sex of the babies. I've begged but they cannot say for sure the sex. My OB wants the high risk to tell us at our next appointment at the end of February. She did tell us that she thinks baby C does have something between the legs(but she didn't want us to go buy blue because of that). Baby A wasn't even in a position she could look. And Baby B she wasn't sure. Its killing me to know. I'm hoping for two boys and one girl but I'm sure we will be happy with whatever they are.

On a sad note I'm in the uncomfortable stage of my regular clothes not fitting but not yet ready for maternity clothes. I'm sure I won't stay in this stage long but it is very difficult picking out clothes to wear right now.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ultrasound Pictures

Here are the ultrasound pictures from Friday's visit to the high risk doctor:

This is how they are positioned Triplet A is at the bottom, Triplet B is top right, and Triplet C is top left.
Triplet A was 6.80cm and the heart rate was 145bpm.

Triplet B was 6.76cm and the heart rate was 153bpm.

Triplet C was 7.62cm and the heart rate was 159bpm.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Good News!!!

We saw the high risk doctor today and feel a lot better. He doesn't think the placenta is detached at all. He found a hematoma which is what he thinks caused the bleeding which completely made since. This is not something that will cause a risk to me or the babies but it is likely to continue bleeding or just absorb itself. Our fertility specialist saw this at week 5 or 6 and we've asked the first high risk and the OB about it several times but they didn't see it. It is possible that it was absorbed and this is a new one but we think it is the same one that has been here this whole time. This was something that the OB would of had a hard time seeing because her technology is not as high tech as the high risk doctors. And there is so much going on in there with three babies and three placentas that it is hard to see. We were a little frustrated that the first high risk doctor didn't see it or say anything about it but we are done with him. The new high risk didn't think the placenta previa was anything to worry about which is what my OB said too. Everyone feels confident that this problem will resolve itself as soon as the uterus expands. So after today I have the okay to go back to work next Tuesday. The bed rest will definitely come up again at some point but I'm really glad that it's not going to be this early in pregnancy.

The new high risk also set me up on a nutrition plan which consisted of 4000-5000 calories a day, eating 6 times a day (3 snacks and 3 meals), and the best part is ice cream before bed every night :) By the end of the pregnancy I should have gained 53-66lbs which Steven so nicely reminded me that I have to lose that weight after the pregnancy. I can't wait to see how much he gains after this is all said and done!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

2 week vacation

Okay, not the vacation I would have wished for but I am off work for probably two weeks. To make a long story short I found out two weeks ago that I had placenta previa. Which means one of the placentas is over my cervix. This can be common in multiples pregnancy because there is just not room for all of the placentas. At this stage of pregnancy it is not a major problem because the uterus will still expand. The placenta will hopefully move with the uterus and move away from the cervix. Everything was going okay until last night. The doctor had me come in and now she thinks a small part of the placenta is detached. The good news is the babies are all healthy and doing well. I feel fine but will have to make sure things don't get worse. The doctor gave me orders to stay home from work for at least a week or two. I'm not on strict bed rest but have to take it easy which I shouldn't have a problem doing. Although I will probably be pretty bored after a few days. My OB has been the doctor monitoring me through this process but she wants me to see my high risk doctor tomorrow so we will see what he has to say.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Adrienne and Steven plus........

Triplets!!! Yes you read that right, there are three babies:) Not exactly what we planned but a welcomed surprise after I quit crying of course(lovely hormones). The shock is beginning to wear off but the worries are tripled.

For those of you wondering how this happened we did an invitro procedure. When we did the procedure we only had three good embryos so the doctor asked if we wanted to implant all three or freeze one. Well we didn't know what to do so we asked the doctor what he thought. And I quote the doctor "we might as well do all three and you will be lucky if you get one". Well knowing as many people as we do that have tried IVF multiple times we thought our chance of even getting pregnant on the first try was very unlikely so we went with what the doctor said. Once we found out that we were pregnant I prayed that we would have twins but never thought that triplets would even be possible. Boy was I fooled! We are 12 weeks today and everything seems to be going good. All three babies are moving like crazy, not that I can feel it yet but I've had enough ultrasounds to see them. Just so they know as they get bigger they are going to have to cut that business out, I'm sure they will be good little babies and mind my every request;) It will be a few more weeks before we know the sex of the babies but we will definitely find out if we can. This will be our one and only shot so we are hoping for at least one boy and one girl so stay tuned for that announcement.