Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our New Home

We moved to a new (old) home the weekend before Christmas. It was a busy time of year but it worked out well with Steven and I having two weeks off. After a month of being in the house we are getting settled and have begun several projects to update our 1960's home. Altough Steven and I have a few differences in opinions about the house, it has been great! The neighboorhood is a large reason why we wanted this house, its a quiet street with large mature trees and there are a lot of young kids on the street. I lived in the neighborhood for a short time when I was younger and can remember riding my bike around the neighborhood and I look forward to the day our kids get to do the same! We are also excited about the extra space this house has compared to our old house, we still have 3 bedrooms and 2 baths but we have a dinning room (which is currently being used as a playroom), breakfast nook/eat in kitchen area, an enclosed covered porch area and my favorite a laundry room. Our living room is double the size of our old living room which now can accomadate more than the 5 of us. We have big plans so the house will be a work in progress for a while but when its all done it will be worth it!
Home Sweet Home!

 

No comments: