Sunday, July 19, 2009

Due Date

It is hard to believe that today is my actual due date! I have to admit that it has been kind of strange thinking they shouldn't even be born yet but I couldn't imagine carrying them to full term or the size they are now! Our babies are 7 weeks old and about the size of a "normal" newborn baby. We are so thankful that they have grown so much since their birth. For the next few years the doctors will go by their birth date and by a corrected date which is counted from 38 weeks gestation. So right now the babies are 7 weeks old but 2 weeks corrected. Basically this means they expect them to be doing what a 2 week old baby would do and about the same size as a 2 week old baby would be. Around age 2 or hopefully before they should be caught up to their actual birth date and not have to go by a corrected date anymore. As you can tell by the pictures I posted they are all filling out pretty good. I looked back at some pictures I had from the NICU right after they were born and I can't believe how much they have changed. It makes me want to take pictures every day so I can remember what they looked like in 5, 10, 20 years!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Can't wait for them to meet Baby Jake!!!!!